FESTIVE FOREST PACKAGES FOR THE FORCES
Do you have family or friends on Ops with the Armed Forces overseas? If so here is an opportunity to send them some Forest Festive Fun, to remind them that the folks at home are thinking of them at Christmas. With the kind permission and support of Nottingham Forest, a couple of fans have arranged to set up a collection point. These will be marked with RAF logos, in the car park behind the Brian Clough Stand to collect packages at the Forest versus Doncaster game on Saturday 28th November, between 10.30 am and 2.00pm. If you get there by 12:30, Forest will let you drive into the car park but after that you'll have to walk to drop off your packages.
If you are a Forest or Doncaster Fan and have a family member, relative or friend serving in the Armed Forces on Operations overseas then all you have to do is drop off a package with goodies in and it arrangements will be made to send it overseas. The packages must:
- Be a shoe box sized package. Bigger boxes will not be accepted.
- Weigh no more than 2Kg.
- Be marked with the recipients NAME, RANK, NUMBER
- Marked with British Forces Post Office (BFPO) number where they are serving.
- Not be sealed so that goodies can be added. String tied is ideal.
- Not contain any prohibited items:
- Perishable Goods (Fruit etc)
- Glass etc
- All prohibited items are detailed at: http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/mail_prohibitions.htm
- Good items are boiled sweets, socks, gloves etc
- Condoms are also good to put over rifle nozzles to keep the sand out (honest) !!!!!
If anyone cannot make it to the ground on the day to drop off a package, or if anyone wants to check out the details of the BFPO Free Packet Service run by the Post Office before putting their box together then check out the following link:
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.