Date:Tuesday July 31 2007
Q- How long have you been following Forest and what got you started?
Family/friends being into the club and also the fact that success was either achieved or was pretty close at that time (1989 was my first season ticket season) - ahh, the shallow/fickle nature of the child football fan!
Q - What is your most memorable moment as a Forest fan? Good or Bad.
Good: In terms of atmosphere at a match probably Peterborough away in the 93/94 promotion season - the match had everything in front of a what seemed like a 75% Forest crowd at London Road. Massive underdogs Posh took a 2-0 lead against England captain Stuart Pearce's (yes, the England skipper plying his trade in Tier 2, for those of you under 18) highly-paid stars. This was when the Reds kicked into gear pulling a goal back before halftime.
The best was to come when a random part of Psycho's anatomy forced the ball over the line at corner in front of the kop end where our supported was gathered, cue pitch invasion and 2-2. Moment's from time and in true Roy of the Rovers style, Stanley Victor Collymore arrowed a ball (with his left side, amazingly) into the top left corner to send the travelling support into ecstasy and his club promoted back into the Premier League and onto a, theoretically, much brighter future.
Bad: Naturally, there have been many..... Yeovil, Oldham, Scunny, etc. For me it might have to be after the Playoff defeat at Sheffield United because you knew that was had the makings of a decent side was going to be dismantled and that Doughty would provide Hart with the funds to rebuild the team to the same quality/specification. You'd have to say that the likes of Dawson, Reid, Huckerby and many more would've stayed longer had promotion been earned and the football club would've been on a much more sound financial footing too, there is no doubt.
Q - Since you have been following Forest what would your Best Eleven be? And who is your all time favourite player?
All time favourite player is simple - Stuart Pearce. Genuinely loved the club, fans and city (which means a lot to the public, i think), playing with the passion that any supporter would do, with no little skill or guile, e.g. scoring 16 goals in 90/91.
1. Crossley - another terrace favourite, came through the ranks which add to a player legend too.
2. Laws - Steady-Eddie and extremely underrated was 'Coach'
3. Pearce - See above.
4. Walker - Read the game magnificently and typified the Great Man's ability to pick a player up from obscurity and turn them into a World-beater.
5. Dawson - Gone with potential as well as quality whilst at Forest, hope he returns someday.
6. Keane - Don't think anyone could believe that this box to box midfielder could turn into what he did (ie. a world-class performer for 10-15yrs), but was great at Forest.
7. Stone - Had a period in 95/96 when he was the nation's flavour of the month, probably had his best years here too.
8. Bohinen - Complex choice possibly, but his Judas-like mercenary nature apart he was a top, top player and shouldve gone further in the game.
11. Woan - Much underrated player who should've been given an England chance by Venables/Hoddle when the national team was desperate was for a left foot like Woany's.
9. Clough - Magical player in all honesty, much-maligned by his Father but always came up with the goods and should've played for England more often ()(is there a pattern forming here?)
10. Collymore - One Forest's most gifted players of all-time and, had he stayed here a season longer (20-20 hindsight vision etc) might've had a much better overall career. A complete player if he'd been better with his head.
Q - What is would you say is the best goal you have seen Forest score?
Possibly Stuart Pearce's 40 yard free kick at Old Trafford in 90/91 which was fired into the top corner at the Stretford End. This would ve been sweet for Psycho coming seconds after the home crowd gave him stick for his Italia'90 penalty failure.
Q - Best away ground visited?
Obviously for tradition you'd have to say Old Trafford, Anfield etc but watching Forest win at St James' Park (FA Cup 4th round, Woan 2) in front of such a partisan crowd was special.
Q - What are your thoughts on the proposed new stadium?
Very happy and certainly surprised by the news. It does, at least, illustrate the club's ambition to at least try to compete - just hope that the team on the field can befit a stadium of that obvious quality.
Q- Are you pleased with the new signings made so far and is there any other player you would have liked to have seen us sign (realistically)?.
Im very pleased yes, particularly with Davies and Cohen from Yeovil, both have real potential and Forest can help them realise it. Id like another striker, you can never have too many as Colin will tell you, not sure whether that's an experienced Andy Cole-type or a hungry Jermaine Easter kind of signing.
Q - What are your thoughts on how last season ended and how did it compare to your expectations ?
In a sense I never thought we particularly played well during the months where we lead the table but it didnt prepare me for the horror of missing out altogether. This might sound bad but Forest have thrown up so many disappointments over the years, particularly recently, so you kind of dislocate yourself more and try to pretend the players on the field did all they could etc.
Q -Despite the new signings, are there any areas in the side you think need adding to?
I think we have an extremely strong squad now, on paper at least, so all is currently bright. A striker could be needed when considering Tyson's fitness and Agogo Ghana matches.
Q- Where do you sit at the City Ground?
Upper Trent End, block T3.
Thanks to chip for doing the questions . If you would like to take part, then email email@example.com.
Date:Tuesday July 31 2007
The Supporters Summit - Nottingham Forest (Friday July 3 2015)
Backroom Changes For Dougie (Friday July 3 2015)
Jamie Ward Is A Red!! (Thursday July 2 2015)
Forest Confirm Four Departures! (Thursday July 2 2015)
Forest Confirm Mills Arrival (Wednesday July 1 2015)
Veldwijk Departs As Bennett Arrives (Tuesday June 30 2015)
Two Forest Games On Sky Sports (Tuesday June 30 2015)
Maynard In On Trial (Monday June 29 2015)
Burnley Make Bid For Forest Player! (Thursday June 25 2015)
Wednesday Transfer Update (Wednesday June 24 2015)
|5.||Old Red Fart||25|
|9.||Pope John XXIII||19|
|10. Derby County||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|14. Hull City||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Football can be a Harsh Game!
» Fulham : 05/07/2015 12:24:01
|Former Player Targeted by Championship Rivals
» Fulham : 05/07/2015 12:06:01
|Caddis: Defender or Midfielder?
» Birmingham : 05/07/2015 09:00:01
|RUFC - A Look Back At Last Season - December
» Rotherham : 05/07/2015 09:00:00
|LUFC Leeds United Transfer Rumours - Week Nine
» Leeds Utd : 05/07/2015 09:00:00