Nottingham Forest Forum - The Rasslin Thread
Vital Football

Latest Nottingham Forest News

Welcome to the Nottingham Forest Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "I can't even spell spaghetti never mind talk Italian. How could I tell an Italian to get the ball? He might grab mine"
- (Added by: The Major Oak)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Has Karanka flattered to deceive at the City Ground?
Suggested By: The Forest
Yes20%
No37%
Unsure43%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Ingy211
2.Apollyon190
3.Pope John XXIII183
4.Strawberry Avenger178
5.orbitalforest173
6.Old Red Fart153
7.the jock112
8.Calvin Plummer111
9.AdebolaCornflakes111
10.mao tse tung111
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (7): « First ... 4 5 6
Last »
The Rasslin Thread
22 January 2018 17:50 Post ID: #996682 - in reply to #996463
Experienced Pro
Skip_4 - 20/1/2018 20:16

Alright Rasslin fans, it's been a while.

Just reading back through posts - Fen I have only seen Jericho v Omega from Wrestlekingdom but enjoyed it immensely. Not that it was the best match I've ever seen but there is just something special about seeing Jericho in the NJPW ring.

I haven't really thought about the rumble but I'll play it safe and go for:

Mens: Roman Reigns (to set up match where he overcomes brock at WM, boooo). Maybe Bryan as a surprise rank outsider?

Womens: Ronda Rousey surprise entrant and winner maybe? ends up facing Asuka at WM. Oh but then I have no idea what Charlotte is doing. Shit I have no idea on the womens Rumble.

To be honest I love the nostalgic old school Raw stuff, great chance to reminisce. I will be catching that after work on Tues 23rd with a beer.

I've managed to truly f-up my mania viewing this year, moving house on that day as things stand so wont be set up to watch argh. Hope I can get an earlier date sorted.

It's in Philly though Skip, surely Vince isn't stupid enough to give Roman the win here? There would be a riot if that were to happen. In fact if Cena won, I'd expect a fan revolt also. Dbry coming out would be a monstrous pop, only a CM Punk return would be louder IMO.

I have been a tad disappointed with the nostalgia episodes of recent years. The Raw 1000 was actually a bad show, with the convenient retcon that DX were responsible for the attitude era (due to the fact that Austin couldn't make it that night).

I am looking forward to this though with the simulcast from the Manhattan and Barclays center.

I am praying for all sanity and hope that Taker announces his retirement (Enough is enough!).
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
24 January 2018 13:20 Post ID: #996880 - in reply to #933820
Experienced Pro
Anyone catch the show?

What a shower of shit that was
Like post
Like this post
27 January 2018 23:09 Post ID: #997342 - in reply to #933820
Experienced Pro
Takeover tonight chaps!

In Philly too so probably a super hot crowd.
Like post
Like this post
27 January 2018 23:20 Post ID: #997345 - in reply to #997342
Nottingham Forest Legend
Got round to watching Raw25 last night, seemed appropriate given that’s the usual night it was on.

Not really sure it was worth the effort in all honesty.

Not many highlights and when Cena came out I realised why the current product is so poor and turned me away many many years ago.

Most of them have not aged well and it’s never nice to watch your heroes in such a poor state.

The biggest let down was the absence of Mick Foley...the individual involved in the most pivotal moment of the Attitude era. Regardless of prior commitments it was not the same without him.

Plus no Dwayne or Brett = WTF.
Like post
Like this post
28 January 2018 00:17 Post ID: #997348 - in reply to #997345
Experienced Pro
LyttleByLyttle - 27/1/2018 23:20

Got round to watching Raw25 last night, seemed appropriate given that’s the usual night it was on.

Not really sure it was worth the effort in all honesty.

Not many highlights and when Cena came out I realised why the current product is so poor and turned me away many many years ago.

Most of them have not aged well and it’s never nice to watch your heroes in such a poor state.

The biggest let down was the absence of Mick Foley...the individual involved in the most pivotal moment of the Attitude era. Regardless of prior commitments it was not the same without him.

Plus no Dwayne or Brett = WTF.

The irony is the current product is better than it was during previous major raw moments. I.e. Raw 100 and Raw 15 but this show was just bad. Foley's absence was sad but not totally beyond saving and technically speaking Bret was not a WWE talent during the Attitude Era. What stank for me was the opportunity they had to really put on a good show with the two venues they totally stank up both places with paint by numbers booking instead of being creative. What stinks even more is that they knew they could have done it but chose not to :(
Like post
Like this post
30 January 2018 15:07 Post ID: #997861 - in reply to #933820
Experienced Pro
So.. Have we had a chance to catch the Rumble and Takeover yet chaps. I wont spoil a thing but I am a happy camper right now.
Like post
Like this post
03 February 2018 20:35 Post ID: #999427 - in reply to #933820
First Team Squad
I would've been asking for a refund if I'd been at the Manhattan centre, the place looked amazing but boy were the fans shortchanged! Just look at some of the fan vids on youtube to see what they thought about it!

Takeover: Gargano vs Almas was something else, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a WWE match as much as this. Rest was ok with the AoP vs Undisputed probably being my 2nd favourite.

I knew I had the men's Rumble wrong when it was announced that the winner could choose their champion to face. This clearly meant they were going to set up Nakamura - AJ while being able to save Reigns - Lesnar and not have the Philly crowd take a giant shit on Roman. Mysterio is in the best shape I have seen him for years, I couldn't actually believe it was him.

I actually enjoyed the women's rumble more as it had a lot of nostalgic returns (I love that shit). The only downside for me was Ronda turning up, looking a bit of a dumbass rather than a killer, and er, doing some overly long pointing.

Solid enough show overall, not spectacular but great by recent standards.

Roll on Mania!

Edited by Skip_4 3/2/2018 20:37
Like post
Like this post
03 February 2018 21:48 Post ID: #999441 - in reply to #933820
Experienced Pro
Fair points Skip. Hard to disagree, but seriously Nakamura is literally the only person who looks cool pointing at a Mania sign. I am sick to death of the pointing at it in general though! We are Wrestling fans FFS, we know what wrestle bastard mania is god damnit!

The Gargano Almas match was just ... wow!... wow wow wow. In ring story telling at its best. I also love the stuff with Ciampa attacking him this week and that heat he is getting is real nuclear heel heat. Whod of thunk it? With nuanced story telling and a proper arc someone is getting a legit heel reaction from the crowd.

All in all though. Roman BS aside.. I am just so chuffed we are getting this:

Edited by FeNris 7/2/2018 21:01

(6fbf3dd28a003ab7751fe835f1c0e9bc.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 6fbf3dd28a003ab7751fe835f1c0e9bc.jpg (43KB - 7 downloads)
Like post
Like this post
12 February 2018 09:50 Post ID: #1000469 - in reply to #933820
Nottingham Forest Legend
You’re probably right about Brett but I always considered him to be the catalyst for what the era became.

Part of me looks at the NWO and considers that too, to be part of the Attitude era. I know that’s not strictly true it’s just my reinterpretation of history. I don’t ever recall the phrase “too sweet” on Raw during the Attitude era?

I never saw Raw 100 or 15 but will make the time to do so.

I genuinely have no love or interest for the current product, the only chance it has would have been if my son got sucked in but even he would prefer to watch a Raw episode from 20 odd years ago than what’s available now.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (7): « First ... 4 5 6
Last »
Jump to forum:
Nottingham Forest Fixtures  >>