Nottingham Forest Forum - President Trump
Vital Football

Latest Nottingham Forest News

Welcome to the Nottingham Forest Fans Forum

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "Another cracking thread this lads. It had to be Vital" said by Sutton (29/11/13)
- (Added by: Kev Finnegan)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Burton MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Pantilimon48%
Darikwa0%
Pereira Figueiredo7%
Fox15%
Lichaj23%
Watson0%
Colback0%
Cash0%
Tomlin7%
Lolley0%
Brereton0%
Sub - Osborn0%
Sub - Murphy0%
Sub - Dowell0%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Ingy160
2.Strawberry Avenger153
3.Apollyon135
4.Old Red Fart124
5.orbitalforest120
6.Pope John XXIII98
7.the jock80
8.Calvin Plummer76
9.mao tse tung72
10.AdebolaCornflakes63
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
President Trump
12 January 2018 05:25 Post ID: #995388 - in reply to #991045
Fans Favourite
They have a very hard job in front of them. A few months ago a large group of homeless folk took occupation of the central square in the Sydney CBD, including tents, sleeping gear, and even a makeshift food bar. For a while nobody knew the best way to deal with the situation and in the meantime the occupants made some of their wishes known. One of the main reasons was their wish for housing of some sort, this regardless of the fact that Sydney already has a very long list of people needing housing or at least shelter.
At some point it turned out that they had a leader who turned out to be a New Zealander with no job but 6 kids to assorted mothers. It did raise a smile of sorts. But as for solutions, I doubt that there is one since a good many of the homeless seem to have mental and/or drug problems and also don't seem to want to be housed out in the sticks, preferring to stay in the big city.
I did hear recently that the problem was recurring but in any case it's not gone away, just moved to other locations. I have the impression that to m,any of these folk it's more of a lifestyle choice and if that's correct doubt that we can fix it'

Good luck to Trump and his appointee, be interesting to see if there is any result or if it's a case of him just blowing in the wind.

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
13 January 2018 07:36 Post ID: #995484 - in reply to #991045
Fans Favourite
Just watching TV and heard that Trump has cancelled his visit to the U.K. Hope it's not because any of you lot were going to be unpleasant.
Like post
Like this post
13 January 2018 11:00 Post ID: #995503 - in reply to #995484
Fans Favourite
Old Red Fart - 13/1/2018 07:36

Just watching TV and heard that Trump has cancelled his visit to the U.K. Hope it's not because any of you lot were going to be unpleasant.

It clearly is for exactly that reason.

Like post
Like this post
18 January 2018 10:51 Post ID: #996156 - in reply to #995250
Fans Favourite
in_the_top_one - 10/1/2018 17:04

Unbelievable number of homeless on the streets of San Francisco last week. My third visit to that (otherwise terrific) city and it just gets worse and worse. This time they were head to toe lining many of the long streets downtown.
Moreover, they aren't just homeless, they're often disabled (or at least with severe difficulties in walking), and totally incoherent. Either mental health problems, drug problems or both - often one caused by the other. Such a huge problem. And I thought London was bad.
At least Trump has recognised this and appointed an opiod tsar - hope they can effect change for the better.

I too was astounded by the number of homeless people in San Francisco the last around. I've visited most of the major cities in the USA and by far SF left a lasting memory on this topic. It is a shame because it is a very nice city.

The cynic in me thinks that this tsar is purely lip service. Any clamping down on opioids will impact the pharmaceutical companies who are big financial contributors. This and the fact that the nominated Health Secretary is a former drug industry executive and lobbyist.

Then again, they may do something because most of the opioid dependant people are white working class
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum:
Nottingham Forest Fixtures  >>